The Catholic Church welcomes people to inquire about the Catholic faith at any time throughout the year. The process through which we do this is called the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA). People interested in RCIA meet on Tuesdays, 7-8:30PM, in the Merton Room. Anyone interested in RCIA should contact Sandy Schrader at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 240 for more information. We look forward to meeting you!
Arrange for an annointing of the sick.
Contact the parish office at 317-842-6778 to make arrangements for receiving this sacrament.
Preplan for a funeral?
Preplanning is many things. It can be uncomfortable, unknown, and full of recalling of funerals experienced not yet grieved or it may be simply a step in prayer and decision- making and be the last selected gift you leave your loved ones. St. Louis de Montfort priests and staff members, Mrs. Mary Lou Fischer and Mr. David Young are available by appointment to pray with you and then share with you some church planning tools including Scripture readings, music, and worship choices that reflect your wishes to your loved ones as we observe your passing and commend your soul to our loving and compassionate Lord in eternal living. An appointment can be scheduled at mutual convenience. Daytime, evening and weekends times can be available. Please call the parish office to schedule at 317-842-6778. Emergency phone to reach priests after hours: 317-965-6522.
Get confirmed as an adult?
Contact Beth Craig, who oversees the Adult Confirmation program here at St Louis de Montfort. Adults go through a 6-8 week formation process and then are confirmed when the Bishop comes to St Louis de Montfort in the Spring.
Get an annulment?
You start the process by contacting a parish priest. Please call the parsih office at 317-842-6778 to make an appointment.
Reconnect with my Catholic faith?
First and foremost, we are so happy you are home! Our Catholic family welcomes everyone who might be interested in reconnecting with our community of faith. There are numerous ways you can reconnect with our Catholic faith. Here are just a few suggestions: join us for one of our weekend or weekday Masses (Sunday Mass Times Schedule Saturday: 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (Vigil); Sunday 7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 5:00 p.m. & Daily Mass Times Schedule Monday through Friday 6:30 and 8:00 a.m. Wednesday 6:30 p.m.), make an appointment with one of our priests or staff members who would be happy to talk with you and/or answer any questions you might have about the Catholic faith, visit our website www.sldmfishers.org to learn more about our parish and the opportunities that are available, or just come for a visit. We are here to serve you and help you to reconnect with your Catholic faith.
Get my child baptized?
Congratulations upon welcoming your precious child of God into Catholic sacramental living, lifelong prayer in the Eucharist, and eternal union with our loving God. For parents of infants and children who are under 8 years of age,
- Please call the parish office and ask that a Baptism application be mailed to you or download one from the parish website. Fill out as much information as you know at the time and submit it, preferably by email, to the parish office ATTN: email@example.com. Contact the godparents so they can request the letter needed from their pastor.
- As soon as it is received, Mrs. Fischer or her volunteer assistant will call you and discuss setting a home, visit or church with the parents. At that time or during the prior phone call, you are invited to ask for help with godparent selection or other concerns you have around the Baptism. Some families have concerns about date, military service persons’ schedules, seating for handicapped, etc.
- Please call close to or immediately after the birth of the child as is manageable for you so we can begin the process of preparation and scheduling.
- Baptisms are typically celebrated on the second and fourth Sundays of the month. Fr. Pat Click, Pastor, presides on the second Sunday and Fr. Janko, Associate Pastor, on the fourth Sunday.
- We also try to accommodate a monthly Baptismal Sunday at each Mass time. This generally happens on the third Sunday of the month. However, that also has to be blended with liturgical and parish themes, so some months this cannot be offered. A maximum of four infants and children are baptized at the 1 p.m. times. A maximum of two infants and/or children will be baptized during the Masses when approved.
- During Advent, we will only celebrate Baptism at 1 p.m. on the second and fourth Sundays; not during a weekend Mass. During Lent, we will not ordinarily celebrate any Baptisms occurring or outside of Mass.
- The sacrament of Baptism is always available in times of health crisis. Our crisis number is: 317-965-6222, Office hours: M-F 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- The parish provides a white bib-like garment, a Baptism candle, a bottle of holy water and a certificate of Baptism.
- To be a valid godparent, one must be a fully initiated Roman Catholic, (received Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist), and be supported by a sealed letter from their pastor to Fr. Pat Click at 1141 Hague Rd. Fishers, IN 46038, testifying that they are practicing Catholics and qualified to serve as Godparents. Please present any of your questions about qualifications, especially about other Rites. When the sponsor letters are received, and the preparation appointment is complete, the Baptism date is confirmed.
- A Christian witness does not qualify as a godparent but meets the parents support in providing Christian values and example to their child.
- Plan to arrive for the sacrament of Baptism at least 20 minutes prior. Please have the child dressed and ready. Changing tables are available in all restrooms in church and couches are available in the lower level ladies restroom in church.
Get sacramentally married in the Catholic Church?
We would like to assist you in the process and journey to get sacramentally married in the Catholic Church. We would ask you to please call our parish office and make an appointment with one of our parish priests. Fr. Pat (Pastor) and Fr. Janko (Associate Pastor) will be happy to assist you. In the meantime, please visit the following website to learn more about sacramental marriage in the Catholic Church through a great resource from the United States Council of Catholic Bishops. Click here to go to this website.
Get my home blessed?
You are more than welcome to request to have your home blessed by one of our parish priests. The religious celebration that may be provided is a special occasion where family members gather together for this joyful event and give you a special time to thank God for the gift of your new home. Please call the parish office and make an appointment soon to receive the Church’s blessing on your home.
How do I get my student confirmed?
All high school students need to be enrolled in a Catholic School, attend parish youth ministry, or participate in homeschool faith formation their freshman year of high school. At St. Louis de Montfort we have confirmation in the tenth grade, so all registered sophomores are able to sign up for Confirmation on our parish website. Once registered, we will need them to choose a saint name, sponsor and attend monthly session, 1 service project, and 1 retreat in the spring. Historically Confirmation occurs in the spring at St. Louis de Montfort. For more information, contact Reid Leazier at the parish office.
Get Involved in parish life and ministry (volunteer)?
Our parish has many different ministries which we encourage all parishioners to become involved in as many as they would like. Ministries cover service in Liturgy, religious education, hospitality & outreach. Click here for a brief description and contact person for each ministry
Meet other families with young children?
Lisa Theobald coordinates a gathering of parents (stay at home or part time outside of home Moms and Dads) who meet for social, spiritual, marital, and parenting support, education, spiritual growth and service. Plan to come join them on the second and/or fourth Thursdays of each month from 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. in the Youth Ministry Center.
Childcare, (free) in compliance with diocesan protocol is offered. Full-time Moms are also invited to monthly dinner nights out and to be on the email lists for play groups.
Plan to come join them on the second and/or fourth Thursdays of each month from 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. in the Youth Ministry Center. Childcare, (free) in compliance with diocesan protocol is offered. Full-time Moms are also invited to monthly dinner nights out and to be on the email lists for play groups.
Make a donation online?
How do I make a donation or payment online? Click here and follow the directions to create your online giving account or to make a one-time gift. You can make pay your tithe, donate to the school fund, make religious education payments, and pay for your school hot lunch order as well as many other payments through our online giving system. Please contact Bob Stephanak, Accounting Manager, at 317-842-6778, ext. 241 if you have any problems signing up or using the system.
Register for the school?
The enrollment process starts each November with the Open House. This Open House starts the open enrollment process for the following school year in the fall. Tours are given and Application Registration Packets are made available for pickup. Please contact Jennifer Podlogar, Administrative Assistant, at 317-842-1125 x391 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about this process, check on availability or to have an application packet mailed to you.
Tour the school?
Contact the school office at 317-842-1125 to request a tour of the school. Email tour requests are also available, contact Jennifer Podlogar at jpodlogar@email@example.com.
Volunteer at school?
Each volunteer must complete Safe and Sacred Environment Training Program - https://safeandsacred-dol-in.org/ Melissa Crowley, Parish Administrative Assistant, (firstname.lastname@example.org) can help with questions you might have registering and signing up for this training program. Once that is finalized, contact the PTO group to inquire about volunteer opportunities at email@example.com.
Get involved in men's ministry?
SLDM is in it's seventh year of Men's Ministry. The Fathers Ministry is hosting a program called "That Man is You" the past two years. We are currently in year two and the program is "The Spirit of Nazareth". To learn more, or to join the ministry, call Jeff Oelker at the parish office or click here.
Meet other young adults and get involved in Young Adult ministry?
Contact Beth Craig, Coordinator of Young Adult Ministry. She will put you in contact with the young adult group here at St Louis de Montfort, IGNITE. IGNITE meets every Thursday evening from 7-9pm. The majority of the time they meet in the Youth Ministry Center, but sometimes it is a different location.
Request a Stephen Minister?
To request a Stephen Minister, call Jeff Oelker (Men) or Mary Lou Fischer (Women) at the parish office (317-842-6778). They will arrange a time to meet with you.
Get help and assistance?
For parishioners in need of spiritual assistance, please contact either priest or Pastoral Associate Mary Lou Fischer through the parish office at 842-6778. For people in financial need, we provide assistance through the Sally Burton food pantry which is open Tuesday from 12:00 p.m.-2:00pm or Thursday from 6:00 p.m.-7:30pm or Saturday morning 10:00 a.m.-11:30am. The parish does not offer help with utility bills or other individual assistance (parishioners can contact the parish office for information on financial assistance from other social service agencies.
Register for religious education/formation classes and programs?
Please register your child for PK-5th grade Children’s Religious Education by filling out the online registration form, Click here to register.
Please contact Aimee May, Coordinator of Children’s Religious Education for more information at extension 310. St. Louis de Montfort offers religious education classes for children ages 3 through grade 5. Classes are offered on Sundays, 10:15-11:15AM, with some grades also offered on Mondays, 6:30-7:30PM. The cost for religious education is $50 per child with a family maximum of $150. For more information or to register your child for religious education, please contact Aimee May at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 310.
How do I register for adult Bible study or formation programs?
St. Louis de Montfort offers various opportunities for adult faith formation either on campus or provides resources for you to borrow and use with your own small group off campus. To inquire about faith formation opportunities, please see the bulletin or contact Sandy Schrader at email@example.com or ext 240.
How do I volunteer or join the High School Youth Ministry core team?
To volunteer in youth ministry there are a couple of ways you can sign up. When registering a student for our parish youth ministry, there is an option in the registration for the parents/guardians select a volunteer spot. Persons can also call the parish office and ask for Reid Leazier or La Donna Seitz to volunteer for youth ministry.
How do I sign up for High School Youth Ministry activities?
To sign up for youth ministry (as well as Religious Education) all families will use our online registration. This form can be found on our St. Louis de Montfort Youth Ministry website - www.sldmym.com .
Get my middle school and junior high children active in ministry?
Contact Beth Craig, Coordinator of Junior High Youth Ministry. Junior High youth ministry takes place in a small group format numerous times per week and there are also monthly special events.